Skinny Scampi = Skimpi and it’s not called that because it skimps on taste or amount…what it skimps on is calories and fat!
We reduced the amount of butter and oil and still created a delicious, decedent and even buttery sauce!
This recipe does use quite a few containers so save it for a special occasion! It’s totally fix approved but uses 2 yellows and 2 tsps so wipes out a lot of your containers in one meal!
- 1/4 box whole wheat linguine or thin spaghetti
- 1 lb (16-20) raw shrimp, de-veined and shells off
- 4 tsps olive oil
- 4 tsps grass feed cow butter
- 1 TBSP minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- 1 TBSP chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to directions on box. Set aside.
- Heat a sauté pan on high and then reduce to medium high heat. Add butter and olive oil and cook until butter starts to foam. Add garlic and chili flakes and mix together.
- Cook garlic for 1 minute until slightly browned and toss in shrimps. Pour wine over the shrimp and mix to coat the shrimp in sauce. Turn heat up to high and boil for 2-3 minutes. Turn shrimps and keep boiling for another minute. Add lemon juice and mix around.
- Remove shrimp from sauce and place in a bowl.
- Pour sauce over pasta, reserving a small amount to top each serving off with. Turn heat back on and toss pasta to coat completely and warm through.
- Serve pasta into 4 bowls and top with 4-5 shrimps (measure about 1 1/2 yellow containers of pasta per bowl). Pour a little more sauce over each bowl, sprinkle with parsley and some salt and pepper and serve!
Leave a Comment