Zuppa Toscana – Healthier Olive Garden Copycat Recipe
I love the Zuppa Toscana soup from Olive Garden, as does Eric, but the calorie and point value just doesn’t jive with WW or 21 Day Fix. I found an amazing copycat recipe online that had a lot of bacon, heavy cream, and pork sausage. It was delicious but still way too high in points and containers. So I did what I do, and made a healthier…but just as delicious version! Serve it with a slice of low point toast topped with some butter and garlic and aside from having to do your own dishes, you will feel like you are dining out! Let me know what you think of the recipe in the comments below.
Zuppa Toscana - Healthier Olive Garden Copycat Recipe
- Stock Pot
- 4 Sweet or Spicy Italian Chicken Sausages removed from casing
- 3 Garlic Gloves minced
- 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 6 cups Chicken Stock
- 3 cups Kale small, diced pieces
- 2 large Russett Potatoes skin on, well cleaned and diced into cubes
- 1 Yellow Onion finely diced
- Place Stock Pot on burner set to medium heat.
- Coat bottom of Stock Pot with cooking spray.
- Add sausage and mix around, breaking up the pieces until well browned.
- Add onion, and continue to mix until onion becomes translucent.
- Add garlic and stir gently for about 1 minute.
- Pour chicken stock into Stock Pot, add cubed potatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook on medium heat for 20-25 minutes until potatoes are fork tender.
- Add kale and stir until kale softens. About 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream and stir until well incorporated. Make sure soup is heated throughout, and serve. Sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper or parmesan if you desire.