Spinach & Artichoke Dip
Spinach and Artichoke dip is always one of my favorite appetizers when going out, but it is known to be not so healthy! It’s generally full of cheese and very high in fat and calories.
Now you can make your own healthy and just as yummy version! Share with a friend 🙂 It serves 2!
- 1/2 cup of cottage cheese
- 1 cup of baby spinach
- 1/2 cup canned or bottled artichoke hearts, finely diced
- 1/4 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Whole Wheat Pita
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit
- In a saucepan over medium heat cook your cottage cheese for 1 minute. Add minced garlic and mix around. Cook until cottage cheese starts to bubble.
- Add spinach and artichoke to the cottage cheese and cook until spinach is wilted. 1-3 more minutes. Add half the cheese and mix just until it begins to melt.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Transfer cottage cheese mixture to a food processor and pulse a few times. Do not over-pulse or you will end up with too much liquid. You want the cottage cheese to still be a bit lumpy.
- Transfer to a small ramekin and pour remainder of cheese on top. Bake for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted and starts to bubble.
- Serve hot with veggies or home-made pita chips (Cut a pita into traingles and place on a baking tray. Spray with cooking spray. Bake them in the oven while your dip is baking)!
- Each serving equals .5❤️, .5💙, 1💚 and .5💛 if served with pita!