Zebra Shakeology Waffles
These yummy vanilla/chocolate waffles are the perfect breakfast treat! They are sweet, high in protein and delicious. If you do not have Shakeology, you can still make these yummy waffles using any vanilla protein powder and cocoa powder. My marble swirl didn’t turn out so well in the photo, but the chocolate is a really nice flavor addition!
- 1.5 cups Oat Flour (if you can’t find oat flour, use a food processor or blender with rolled oats)
- .5 cup Almond Flour
- .5 cup Vanilla Shakeology or other vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cocoa Powder or Chocolate Shakeology
- 4 Large Egg Whites
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1.5 cups Unsweetened Cashew Milk (Almond milk is ok too)
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl mix all dry ingredients except cocoa powder; flours, shakeology, baking soda, chia seeds and salt. Mix until all incorporated together.
- In a different bowl mix cashew milk and vanilla extract.
- Add milk to dry ingredients and mix well until a waffle batter forms.
- In a metal bowl, whisk 4 egg whites until fluffy with peaks. This will help make your waffles light and airy!
- Fold the eggs into the batter.
- In another small bowl take about 1 TBSP of batter and mix with cocoa powder. Add to batter and use a knife to marble, giving the batter a zebra effect of white/brown.
- Heat a waffle iron and spray with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Place approx. 1/2 cup batter into the waffle iron and cook on setting 4-5 (medium to dark brown or med-high depending on your waffle iron settings). This should make 8-10 waffles!
- Serve each waffle with a drizzle of honey and some strawberries!
- *Quick tip: Place these in a toaster oven after you take them out of the waffle iron if they aren’t really crispy and toast for 2-3 minutes. They will crisp right up!
Leave a Comment