I love the Dynamite Shrimp appetizer from PF Chang’s and was on a mission to create my own 21 Day Fix approved version. I think we got it!! This appetizer is for sharing, but you might not want to after you try it! These crispy, spicy shrimp are so delicious. Even my husband said these were just as good, if not better than the ones we get at PF Chang’s and so much less expensive!
- 16 raw, shell-off, deveined medium-large size shrimp
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/8 cup corn starch
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1 TBSP Siracha or Hot Sauce
- 1 tsp Chili oil
- 1 TBSP coconut oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl mix yogurt, hot sauce and chili oil together. Set aside.
- Crack egg onto a deep plate and scramble.
- Mix flour, corn starch, and sprinkle of salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Heat coconut oil in a large pan over medium high heat.
- Dip shrimp in egg wash so both sides are covered and then place in flour mixture and coat both sides really well.
- Drop each shrimp slowly into the oil and cook until both sides are crispy (1-2 minutes per side).
- Place in yogurt mixture.
- Once all shrimp are cooked and in the yogurt, mix well until all of them are totally coated.
- Serve over leaf lettuce or lettuce bed (for a spicy salad when shrimp have vanished 😉 )!
Leave a Comment