Baked Tomatillo Chicken Taquitos
I used to spend a lot of nights eating taquitos out of a really large bag bought at Costco. Those were most definitely not 21 Day Fix approved, but these are and they are just as good if not better! Serve with a side of rice and black beans for a dinner worthy of any Mexican restaurant.
- 8 yellow corn tortillas
- 1/2 rotisserie chicken (we got one from Costco and immediately de-skinned/de-boned it)
- 5 ounces verde/green salsa
- 1/8 yellow onion
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Preheat over to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- In small portions mince chicken and onions in a food processor until it has the consistency of canned tuna.
- Once all chicken and onions are finished transfer to a bowl and add 2 ounces green salsa. Mix until well incorporated.
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Once hot, add chicken mixture.
- Brown the chicken, stirring regularly so all chicken has a chance to touch the bottom of the pan (between 5-8 minutes).
- When chicken is well heated, transfer back to bowl and add remainder of green salsa. Mix until well incorporated. There should be quite a bit of liquid, and that is okay.
- Microwave tortillas in a damp paper towel for about 15 seconds to steam.
- Add 2 TBSPs chicken across the middle of each tortilla and roll.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until crispy and brown.
- Serve with a TBSP of plain Greek yogurt and 1/8 mashed Avocado!
Leave a Comment