Turkey Stuffed Bell Peppers
A bell pepper is a colorful little bowl and it counts toward a green container! Use orange, yellow, green or red peppers for this recipe! Any of them work perfectly!
- 2 Large Bell Peppers (Red, Orange, Yellow or Green)
- 1 lb lean Ground Turkey or Beef
- 1 packet low sodium Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 tomato, diced
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used a cheddar blend)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cut both peppers down the middle and hollow out
- Brown turkey and drain. Add packet of taco seasoning and 2/3 cup water. Bring to a boil and then simmer 2-3 minutes until seasoning is well mixed into turkey.
- Add diced tomatoes and keep cooking for another minute or two.
- Place peppers on foil lined baking sheet.
- Fill each pepper with 1/4 lb of the turkey and 1/4 cup cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until heated though.
- Serve warm.
Leave a Comment