Apple & Honey Mini Pies
Happy New Year to all my Jewish readers out there. L’Shana Tova! You are supposed to eat apples and honey for a sweet New Year, so what could be better than Apple and Honey Mini Pies that are 21 Day fix approved, free of any sugar (only honey), and gluten free if you leave off the crumble topping? Nothing! That’s what!
A lot of people think Fall = Pumpkins but for me Fall = Apples! I love Apple picking, Apple pie, Baked Apples and now these delicious Apple & Honey Mini Pies!
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, diced into tiny pieces
- 3.5 TBSPs Honey
- 1 Egg White
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 1.5 tsps cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 TBSP grass fed cow butter, cold and cut into small cubes
- 2 TBSP whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Place apples in a metal bowl. Add 1 tbsp honey and 1 tsp cinnamon. Mix until well coated. Set aside.
- In a large metal or plastic bowl mix almond flour, 2 tbsp honey, .5 tsp cinnamon, egg white, vanilla extract and butter until a soft dough forms.
- Coat a 12 count mini muffin tin with cooking spray (I used coconut which lends a nice flavor to the pies)
- Place 1/2 TBSP dough in each muffin well
- Use a small shot glass or something with a small enough bottom to press into the dough. Spray it with cooking spray and press down on the dough to make a "pie shell".
- Bake shells for 5 minutes.
- While the shells are baking, mix 2 TBSPs whole wheat flour with .5 TBSP of honey until it creates a crumble. Just use a spoon to mix the honey into the flour.
- Remove shells from oven and fill each one to the top with apples. Sprinkle a bit of crumble on top of each.
- Bake for 10 more minutes.
- Let cool for a few minutes and then pop each pie out using a knife!
- Makes 10-12 mini pies
- Each serving of 2 Mini Pies = .5 💜, .5 💛, 1 🍊, and 1 tsp