Turkey & Ricotta Lasagna Curls
These adorable, easy to make lasagna curls are such a fun dinner. You can really use any meat/veggie/cheese combo inside so if you have picky family members…everyone can have their own!
This recipe combines turkey, ricotta, spinach and pumpkin. Yes, pumpkin! I know it sounds weird, but it’s amazing. If you are a vegetarian, leave out the turkey! If you don’t like pumpkin, use butternut squash or carrot puree.
- 4 Whole Wheat Lasagna Noodles, cooked and prepared according to package (Get boil noodles, not oven bake ones for this recipe)
- 1/2 lb turkey, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup ricotta, skim
- 1/2 cup canned pure canned pumpkin (no pumpkin pie, that’s cheating!)
- 1 Green container baby spinach, diced
- 2 Red containers of shredded mozzarella
- 2 Green containers low sugar marinara
- Spices – salt and pepper, onion powder and Italian Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare a baking dish by pouring 1 of the green containers of sauce over the bottom. Once noodles have cooked, lay them out on a paper towel and pat dry on both sides. Cook the turkey, and drain. Turn heat back on and mix into the turkey, a 1/4 cup of pumpkin and the spinach. Mix around until spinach wilts, add salt and pepper to season slightly. Mix the rest of the pumpkin and ricotta together in a small bowl and add some spices. Spoon 1/4 of the ricotta mixture onto each noodle, covering the entire length of the noodle. Spoon 1/4 of the turkey onto each noodle, also covering the length of the noodle. Slowly roll one into a little curl. If the noodles are overfilled they will tear, so be very careful. Place seam side down in the baking dish. Continue with the remaining 3. Cover the curls with the rest of the marinara sauce and the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
- This recipe makes 2 servings of 2 curls each.
Leave a Comment