Quinoa & Rice Veggie Bake
This vegetarian dish is super quick, so easy to make and high in protein! It’s a delicious way to use up leftover rice and quinoa and also incorporates lots of yummy veggies. Add chicken for an extra protein or other veggies. Mushroom, peppers, squash and tomato are just a few that come to mind that would make great additions to this recipe!
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup pre-steamed broccoli and cauliflower, finely diced
- 6 eggs
- 2-3 tsps olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely diced
- salt & pepper
- Tapatio hot sauce – a few dashes
- 1/2 tsp dried basil, dried oregano or other Italian seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a skillet, over medium heat add olive oil.
- Cook diced onion and minced garlic until onions are translucent.
- Add rice and quinoa and mix until slightly brown and toasty.
- Add a few dashes of hot sauce and salt and pepper to the rice and mix.
- Transfer rice to a pyrex or oven safe dish and smush down so it’s totally flat on top.
- Place diced cauliflower and broccoli on top of the rice.
- In a bowl, scramble 6 eggs with a fork and add a bit more hot sauce, basil or other seasoning and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour egg mixture over the top of the rice and veggies.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until completely set and cheese is browned and bubbly.
- Cut in 4 pieces and serve warm!
Leave a Comment