Lemon Pepper Cod
I am not a huge fish fan, but the omega-3s are so good for you and it’s nice to change up the chicken, turkey rotation occasionally so I decided to make some fish. I got cod which is a nice, mild white fish. I was pleasantly surprised by how delicious and flaky this turned out. It also didn’t taste very fishy, so that’s a nice plus if you aren’t a huge fish fan either! Make sure to open all your windows, or cook in a well vented area because this will make your house stinky!
- 2 pounds raw cod, cut into 6 pieces
- 6 tsps olive oil
- 3 tsps lemon juice
- 3 tsps lemon pepper spice
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large frying pan, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper on both sides and place in pan. Cook for 1 minute and flip. Cook other side for 1 minute and flip again.
- Sprinkle 1.5 tsp lemon pepper over the top of the fish pieces and then pour 1.5 tsp lemon juice over the top. Flip and add 1.5 tsp lemon pepper and 1.5 tsp lemon juice to the other side.
- Cook both sides for another 2-4 minute until cooked through. Fish will be white and warmed all the way through and be very flaky.
- Serve and enjoy hot!
- Each piece of fish equals 1 ❤️ and 1 tsp