Avocado Egg Bowl
I kept seeing a recipe with an egg baked inside an avocado that looked really yummy, but warm avocado just didn’t sound good to me and reviews of the recipe all mentioned the dislike of warm avocado! I wanted to try to make something similar and I love avocado inside an omelette so thought a deconstructed omelette would be yummy. This turned out so well and tastes great, plus the presentation is so pretty.
- Half an avocado - almost all the way scooped out. Leave about 1/8-1/4 avocado in the shell
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 TBSP plain greek yogurt
- salt and pepper to taste
- Scramble eggs in a bowl and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Dice up baby spinach and add to eggs
- Heat egg pan over medium high heat with some cooking spray or coconut oil
- Cook scrambled eggs until cooked through and spinach is all wilted
- Place eggs into avocado bowl
- Top with salsa and greek yogurt
- Each avocado bowl equals 1 blue, 1 red, 1 green, and 1 tsp if you use coconut oil to cook eggs in!