Chicken & Steak Crock Pot Fajitas
Fall is here and even though it’s been super hot here in California, I still had to break out my crock pot in anticipation for cozy and warm meals! This recipe still let me use my crock pot and is enjoyable even in hot, hot weather. I adapted this recipe from Buzzfeed’s Tasty but I changed it up a bit. Start cooking at around 3:00pm, go about your afternoon and by 6:30-7:00pm you have an awesome dinner ready!
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 lb. top sirloin or other steak meat, cut into thick strips. Approx 1″
- 2 TBSP Fajita or Taco Seasoning
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 can diced tomatoes with chilies
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 lime
- *optional 6-8 small flour or corn tortillas
- Line a 6 qt crock pot with a crock pot liner (optional but I love these things and use them every time I use my crock pot. Makes cleaning up so, so easy!)
- Julienne onion and bell peppers, making sure to remove all seeds from peppers.
- Place half the chopped onion and half of the peppers at the bottom of the crock pot.
- Place chicken breasts and steak on top of onions/peppers.
- Sprinkle 1 TBSP seasoning and juice half a lime over the top. Flip chicken and steak.
- Repeat with other 1 TBSP seasoning.
- Cover steak and chicken with remaining onion and peppers.
- Spoon minced garlic over the top and spread evenly.
- Pour can of diced tomatoes and juice other half of lime over the entire top.
- Cook on high heat for 3-3.5 hours.
- Remove chicken and steak. Shred chicken in a bowl and cut steak into smaller pieces on a cutting board.
- Serve over warm flour or corn tortillas with extra peppers and onions on top as you like!
Leave a Comment