Cinnamon-y Butternut Squash
Butternut squash is one of my favorite fall-winter veggies! A tiny bit of butter and some cinnamon make this a wonderful side dish for meat, chicken, or turkey. It’s sweet and savory and also a great way to get the kids to eat their veggies!
- 1 butternut squash, cut into cubes (buy a bag of pre-cut to save you tons of time!)
- 3 tsps grass fed cow butter
- 1-2 tsps cinnamon
- 2 tsps water
- Steam or microwave butternut until fork tender. Puree in a food processor or blender with the water until well mixed. Do not over process or you will end up with soup ;).
- Add butter to a small pot and let melt halfway. Add butternut and mix until well incorporated.
- Add cinnamon and mix. Taste and add more cinnamon if you want!
- Serve hot.
- Should make approx. 3 cups depending on how big your butternut squash was.
Recipe Good For:
- 1 cup serving equals 1 green and 1 tsp for 21 Day Fix
- 1 cup serving equals 1 point for Weight Watchers
Leave a Comment