Sausage and Spinach Spaghetti
I was craving pasta the other day, so I threw together this delicious sausage and spinach (plus asparagus) spaghetti! It’s quick and easy to make and can be made with any veggie assortment you have on hand.
- Half a box of whole wheat pasta (cooked according to box), save a bit of your pasta cooking liquid on the side
- 2 pre-cooked Italian Chicken Sausages, cut into rounds
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 cup asparagus, diced into small pieces
- 1 tsp garlic
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- dash of chili flakes
- Heat coconut oil in small sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add baby spinach and asparagus and chicken sausage pieces.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes until spinach has wilted.
- Add garlic and mix for another minute.
- Check to make sure sausage has warmed through. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place 1 yellow container of whole wheat spaghetti into bowl.
- Add 1 tsp olive oil and toss.
- Put approx. 1/4 sausage and veggie mixture on top of spaghetti.
- Add 2 tsp’s pasta cooking liquid and toss everything together.
- Add salt and pepper and a bit of chili flakes.
- Repeat for 3 other servings or save the rest as leftovers!
Recipe Good For:
- Each serving equals 1 yellow, 1 red, 1 green, 1 tsp
Leave a Comment