Cinnamon Spice “Green” Muffins
These yummy, warm, perfect for the holidays muffins are delicious and packed with spinach, chia seeds, honey, and whole wheat flour! Bring them to any holiday party and they are sure to be a hit…even with the kids!
- 1 1/2 cups Whole Wheat all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg (you can eliminate this or use extra cinnamon if you want instead of nutmeg)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 2 TBSP chia seeds in 5 TBSP water (let set for 5 minutes) until the chia seeds absorb all the water
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat over to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare a 10-12 count muffin pan with muffin liners.
- Add all dry ingredients into a bowl and whisk together and then set aside.
- Add all wet ingredients into a blender and blend well, this includes the entire bowl of chia seeds that has now absorbed the water.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients bowl and stir gently to combine everything. Do not over-mix.
- Use an ice-cream scoop or about 1 TBSP of batter to fill each muffin cup. (I was able to make 10 muffins)
- Bake for 15 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. You might need 1-2 more minutes but 15 was just perfect for me!
- Remove from muffin pan and let cool on a wire rack.
Recipe Good For:
- Each muffin equals 1 yellow treat exchange for 21 Day Fix
- Each muffin equals 3 Weight Watchers points
Leave a Comment