A low-carb lasagna using spaghetti squash instead of noodles! If following WW Freestyle, use fat-free turkey, and low fat cottage cheese. For Keto, LCHF, or Atkins use a higher fat ground turkey or beef and full fat cottage cheese or ricotta.
- 1 spaghetti squash, cut in half lengthwise (to make 2 long boats)
- 1/2 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup low sugar marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese or shredded cheese blend
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove seeds from spaghetti squash and lay both halves face down in a deep baking dish. Add about 1 inch of water. Bake for 45-60 minutes until completely fork tender.
- While squash is cooking, brown turkey and drain fat. Add marinara sauce and salt and pepper. Mix until well incorporated. Set aside.
- Use a small food processor to blend cottage cheese, egg white, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper until smooth.
- Spoon 1/2 cottage cheese mixture into one half of the spaghetti squash and the remaining 1/2 into the other.
- Spoon 1/2 turkey mixture on top of cottage cheese on one half of squash, and repeat with the other.
- Top each squash half with 1/4 cup shredded cheese and bake for another 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted, brown and bubbly!
- Serve hot!
Recipe Good For:
WW Freestyle – 8 points per serving.
Keto, Atkins, LCHF – 10-15g carbs, 2-3g sugar, 13-15g fat, 20-30g protein per serving.
- Serving Size: 2