Spaghetti Squash Lasagna Boat
If you are in the search for a recipe that doesn’t have any carbohydrates but is also filling and total comfort food, you have come to the right place! This lasagna recipe pairs lean turkey, cottage cheese, tomato sauce and mozzarella with the mild flavors of spaghetti squash.
- 1 spaghetti squash, cut in half lengthwise (to make 2 long boats)
- 1/2 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup low sugar marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese or shredded cheese blend
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove seeds from spaghetti squash and lay both halves face down in a deep baking dish. Add about 1 inch of water. Bake for 45-60 minutes until completely fork tender.
- While squash is cooking, brown turkey and drain fat. Add marinara sauce and salt and pepper. Mix until well incorporated. Set aside.
- Use a small food processor to blend cottage cheese, egg white, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper until smooth.
- Spoon 1/2 cottage cheese mixture into one half of the spaghetti squash and the remaining 1/2 into the other.
- Spoon 1/2 turkey mixture on top of cottage cheese on one half of squash, and repeat with the other.
- Top each squash half with 1/4 cup shredded cheese and bake for another 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted, brown and bubbly!
- Serve hot!
- Each half equals 1.5 ❤️, 2-2.5 💚, (depending on size of squash), and 1 💙