A pizza on a pita. Genius! A whole wheat pita is a great source of fiber and you can use the whole pita to make a personal pizza. If you have picky family members, each person can create their own!
The pita-zza I made has sautéed broccoli, cauliflower, and spinach so it gets those green containers used. Bonus 🙂
- 1 Whole Wheat Pita
- 1 Tbsp Marinana or Pizza Sauce (low sugar, under 4g per serving count as green instead of purple)
- 1/4 cup broccoli
- 1/4 cup cauliflower
- 1/4 cup baby spinach
- 1 chicken sausage (I used sweet Italian)
- 1 BLUE container of shredded mozzarella
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat your oven to 400 F. Finely dice the cauliflower, broccoli and spinach and sausage. In a small sauté pan, heat up 1 tsp of coconut oil over medium high head. Put the diced veggies and sausage into the sauté pan and sprinkle with a little bit of salt and pepper. Sauté over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes.
- Place your pita on a foil lined baking tray and spread the marinara sauce over the entire top. Sprinkle with your blue container of cheese. Once sausage and veggies are sauteed, spoon them on top of the cheese. Bake for 7-8 minutes. Cut into small pieces and enjoy!
Leave a Comment