Grilled Steak Salad
Spicy, warm steak over a bed of fresh greens is the perfect lunch! The steak packs in protein to keep you full and this salad travels so well. Make the steak ahead of time and have lunch for a few days!
- 1 lb lean boneless sirloin or strip steak, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon tapatio, sriracha or chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8 cups organic mixed greens, romaine or spinach
- 1/2 cucumber sliced into thin rounds
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 avocado cut into small cubes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Combine the steak rub ingredients and rub over steak, coating both sides. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat and sear steak for a minute or two on both sides. Then flip and let sit for 5-6 minutes on each side until desired doneness. Cut the steak into small cubes.
- While the steak is cooking, combine salad greens and veggies. Mix dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add steak to salad, and toss in dressing.
- Makes 4 servings.
Recipe Good For:
- Each serving equals 1 red, 2 greens, 1 orange, and 1/2 blue if you use avocado
Leave a Comment