Ginger & Yogurt Chicken Kebabs
These chicken kebabs might just be the softest pieces of chicken you have ever had! The yogurt helps break down the chicken and the end result is delicious, soft, juicy chicken pieces. Serve over rice or salad!
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-2 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 tsps fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp fresh ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
- In a large bowl combine yogurt, ginger, lime juice and all seasoning. Add the chicken pieces and cover. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least an hour and up to overnight (for extra, extra soft chicken!). Use metal skewers and thread 4-5 pieces of chicken onto each skewer.
- Heat your grill and spray with cooking spray. Over medium-high heat cook chicken on both sides for 5-6 minutes per side. Check one piece of chicken to make sure it is cooked through.
- Serve with salsa, over rice, or with salad.
- Each serving of 2 skewers equals 2 red! That's it!
- If you are using wooden skewers, make sure you let them soak in a bowl of water for at least 20 minutes so they do not burn on the grill.