French Toast Roll-Up
This breakfast may as well be dessert. It is so yummy and rich and delicious and did I mention yummy??!
- 2 Pieces of Whole Wheat Bread (you want the bread to be very fresh and soft or it won’t roll up properly)
- 1 Red Container of Part Skim Ricotta Cheese
- 1 Purple Container (4 large) Fresh Strawberries, diced up into small cubes
- 1 Egg
- 2 tsps Honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 TBSPs Coconut Cream
- 2 drops Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- In a bowl crack egg and scramble, put to the side. In another small bowl, mix the ricotta with 1 tsp honey and 1-2 drops of lemon juice. Take your 2 pieces of bread and roll with a rolling pin or use your hand to flatten out completely. Spread ricotta mixture on each piece. Place 1/3 of the strawberries in the middle of each piece of bread and roll each piece up. Heat 1 tsp coconut oil in a large frying pan. Dip each piece of rolled up bread into your egg wash and place in the middle of the frying pan. Flip after 30 seconds, and again until both sides are nice and brown.
- While rolls are frying, use another small bowl and add 2 TBSPs coconut cream and a bit of honey and whip up using a hand mixer or a fork if you don’t have a hand mixer available. It takes a little while to get the cream whipped up.
- Place rolls on a plate and sprinkle with cinnamon and drizzle with remaining honey.
- Put a dollop of cream on top of each roll and drop a few more strawberries for decoration.
Leave a Comment