Carb Free Cloud Bread
I came across this recipe on the Beachbody website and had to give it a try! I added a few extra spices and it turned out amazingly well. This beats wrapping your sandwich in lettuce any day; it’s completely carb free and only half a red container for 2 pieces!!
I put a chicken patty, lettuce, tomato, mustard and some avocado on my cloud bread and it tasted like a regular burger. It got a bit soggy toward the end but the flavor was still amazing. Give this a try, you won’t be disappointed.
- 3 Large Eggs
- *1 Dash of Cream of Tarter
- 1/3 cup 2% Greek Yogurt (I used Fage)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 - 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Heat oven to 300° F.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly coat with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Separate egg yolks from egg whites. Place whites in a medium bowl. Place yolks in a separate medium bowl. Set aside.
- Add cream of tartar to egg whites. Beat with a mixer on high until stiff peaks form, about 4 minutes. Set aside.
- Add salt, italian seasoning and yogurt to egg yolks. Beat with a mixer on medium until blended.
- Gently fold ⅓ of egg white mixture into egg yolk mixture. Fold in the remaining egg white mixture until just incorporated, being careful not to overmix.
- Using a spoon, transfer a scoop of egg mixture onto prepared baking sheet, gently spreading into a thick pancake shape about 3 inches in diameter. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown and exterior is crispy to the touch. Immediately loosen cloud breads with a spatula; allow to cool on the baking sheet for 3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container.
- Each serving equals .5 red (2 pieces)
- *This recipe can be made without Cream of Tarter. Let your egg whites sit out and reach room temperature and they will whip up to stiff peaks without using Cream of Tarter.