Butternut Squash & Turkey Bolognese
I love making pasta sauces and adding hidden veggies! This turkey bolognese has puréed butternut squash and tomatoes. It’s a perfect family meal and can be used with any whole wheat noodles or even over other veggies like eggplant.
- 1 package lean ground turkey
- 1/2 bottle low sugar tomato sauce
- 1 small can tomato purée with no added sugar
- 1/2 butternut, cubed and steamed
- Italian spices – to your liking
- Salt and pepper
- Whole wheat spaghetti (half a box is about 4 servings)
- Cook turkey according to package, drain fat. Add spices and a bit of salt and pepper.
- In a food processor, blend the butternut that has already been steamed with a bit of water. Add to turkey mixture.
- Mix around until all mixed.
- Pour in tomato puree and tomato sauce and mix until all incorporated.
- Taste, and season to taste.
- Put 1/4 of turkey mixture into a bowl and add 1 yellow container of spaghetti on top.
- Top off with a little more turkey and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
Leave a Comment