- 3 Jennie-O hot Italian sausage links
- 1 cup whole wheat penne (uncooked)
- 5 oz baby spinach
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup pasta sauce (I use trader
- Joe’s organic marinara)
- 2 tsp coconut or olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- 1 cup shredded cheese blend
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Boil 6 cups water with a pinch of salt and add penne. Cook according to box, approx 10 minutes.
- While pasta is cooking, in a large sauté pan cook the turkey links in 1/4 cup water. Add more water if pan starts to burn and sausages are not cooked through.
- Once sausages are ready, remove and dice into small rounds. Put aside.
- In the same sauté pan, heat 2 tsps coconut or olive oil over medium heat. Add spinach and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook spinach until completely wilted.
- Add garlic, mix and cook for another minute.
- Drain pasta and pour into a 9×9 baking dish.
- Add sausage pieces and spinach (you can do a quick chop on the spinach if you like smaller pieces). Mix together.
- In a bowl, mix Greek yogurt and pasta sauce. Pour over pasta. Mix until everything is well incorporated.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over the top and bake for 20-25 minutes until cheese is bubbly and brown on top!
Recipe Good For:
- Each serving equals 1 yellow, 2 red, 1 green, 1 blue and 1 tsp
- Serving Size: 4