Hidden Vegetable Lasagna
This vegetable lasagna is one of my most popular recipes. It is loved by all and tastes amazing! You can use a variety of vegetables and different ground meats, whatever you have on hand will work! Mix and match to make it unique for you and your family.
- 1 jar of tomato sauce
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup steamed butternut squash
- 1 cup lowfat cottage cheese
- 1 cup steamed cauliflower
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 12 whole wheat lasagna noodles pre-boiled
- Spices (I used salt and pepper and Italian seasoning blend).
- Food process the butternut squash and set aside in a bowl.
- Food process the cottage cheese, an egg white and the cauliflower together and set aside.
- Pour half the bottle of sauce into the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish, spread around to cover the bottom of the baking dish. Cover sauce with some of the lasagna noodles.
- In a large pan cook the ground beef with some of the spices and once cooked add the puréed butternut. Mix all together and pour a little tomato sauce in to coat.
- Add half the meat mixture on top of the noodles. Add half of the puréed cottage cheese/cauliflower mixture on top of the meat and put another layer of noodles. Repeat.
- Add one more layer of noodles and pour the rest of the tomato sauce over the top. Use a spatula to spread the sauce to cover all the noodles.
- Finally sprinkle the top with the mozzarella cheese and add a bit more salt and pepper and Italian seasoning to taste.
- Bake at 425′ covered with foil for 25-30 mins. Remove foil and bake 5 more minutes until cheese is bubbly and brown.
- Cut and Serve!