- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 small can, about 12 oz. of crushed tomatoes (I found some with added basil that was awesome)
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 6 ounces whole wheat thin spaghetti
- 1 1/2 cups (12 oz) of raw, deveined, de-tailed shrimp
- Bring a large pot of water with some salt to a boil.
- While the water is boiling, dice your onion. Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add minced garlic, diced onion, dried oregano and 1/2 tsp of chili flakes. Cook, until soft, approx. 4-5 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add crushed tomatoes and sugar to pan. Reduce heat slightly and let simmer until sauce begins to thicken. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add pasta to boiling water and cook for about 9 minutes.
- While pasta is boiling add shrimp to tomato sauce and stir until all shrimp is covered.
- Let shrimp cook through until completely pink.
- Once pasta is finished, drain but save a bit of the cooking liquid.
- Add pasta to tomato sauce and shrimps and mix. Add some of the cooking liquid for a nice velvety textured sauce.
- Sprinkle with some more chili flakes and Parmesan cheese if you want.
- Serves 2-3
Recipe Good For:
- Container count: 2 red, 1 yellow, 2 green, 1 tsp and 1/2 blue if you use Parmesan.
- Weight Watcher SP count: 7 per serving
- Calorie count: 530 per serving