- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 can black beans
- 1 14-28 ounce can diced tomatoes with green chilies (if you can’t find with chilies just use regular and use a bigger or smaller can of tomatoes depending on your liking)
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp red wine or red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup (optional but helps reduce the spice and gives the chili a delicious, unique but amazing flavor)
- Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and garlic.
- Cook until onions become clear and shiny.
- Add turkey and stir until turkey is browned.
- If using a crock pot, transfer turkey to the crock pot and then add other ingredients into crock pot.
- Add black beans (with their liquid) and can of tomatoes plus all other spices and red wine. Mix all together.
- Heat in crock pot on low setting for 4 hours.
- If using a dutch oven, bring to a low boil, then set to simmer with a lid for 1-1.5 hours.
- Serve with a dollop of plain greek yogurt and some shredded cheddar if desired!
Recipe Good For:
- Each serving of 1 cup equals 1.5 red, .5 yellow, 1 green, 1 tsp
- Add .5 blue and .5 red if you top with yogurt and cheese
- Serving Size: 4